WP Last Modified adds the ‚last_modified_date‘ shortcode to your WordPress installation. This shortcode shows the last timestamp of your post/page. Simply use the „format“ attribute for custom date formats (it uses PHP’s date() function).
The “description” attribute enables a brief description which changes has been made with the last modification.
WP Last Modified shows also the actual revision of and the publication date of the post/page.
You can customize the text which will be shown under each post/page under settings -> WP Last Modified Settings. You can also hide one of the elements if you do not want them.
With version 1.1.0, WP Open Last Modified was renamed to WP Last Modified.
- last modification timestamp of a post/page
- publication timestamp of a post/page
- timestamp format customizable
- revision count
- custom text with placeholders
- last modification description
- excluding single posts/pages from displaying the last modification timestamp
- Upload wp-open-last-modified to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the \’Plugins\’ menu in WordPress.
- insert a text at the WP Last Modified Settings tab
Contributors & Developers
“WP Last Modified” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “WP Last Modified” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
- WP 5 tests and minor fixes
- minor change – in order to prevent warnings and errors
- bug fix
- bug fix
- bug fix
- excluding posts/pages
- new attribute “description”
- new placeholder ‘last_modified_timestamp_gmt’
- new placeholder ‘publication_timestamp_gmt’
- added donation link
- updated readme text
- renamed from WP Open Last Modified to WP Last Modified
- adding the publication_timestamp
- tested up to WP 4.2
- i18n Support
- more little bug fixes
- little bug fixes
- initial version