TG Customized Tags plugin provides a fully configurable tag-cloud through widget and shortcodes to display tags, categories or other taxonomy.
Once installed, the settings of the TG Customized Tags plugin would be available for being changed from the ‘TG Customized Tags’ option in the ‘Settings’ menu on the admin screen (back-end) of your WordPress website or blog.
The tags and categories can be displayed to users in many different ways (in the following description, the word “tags” also includes “categories”):
- Change number of tags to be displayed – all tags or default 45 or any other number of your choice.
- Show only specific tags (selected by tag-IDs) of your choice and none else.
- Exclude specific tags from being shown, while showing others, the total number being limited by number of your choice.
- Show tags in a list (each tag on a new line) or in a flat format.
- In flat format, select which character(s) should separate two adjoining tags.
- Select the ordering of tags – whether by tag-count (number of posts with a tag) or by tag-name (alphabetically).
- Within above selection, choose whether to order tags in ascending, descending or random manner.
- Select whether tags, or categories or link-categories should be displayed in the tag-cloud.
- Select what should be the smallest and largest font-sizes to display tags in cloud. Both these font-sizes can be equal also, which will show all tags with same font-size.
- Select what is the unit for font-size, whether point, pixels, mm, cm, picas, percent, etc.
TG Customized Tags plugin allows you to change or set 11 attributes of the tag-cloud, in the manner mentioned above, through the administrative options page in your WordPress website or blog. These settings will be remembered by WordPress. You can change these settings any time. You can also Reset all settings to the Default settings that came with the WordPress installation, at any time you want. If, during the process of changing these tag-settings, you change your mind, you can simple Cancel the changes made by clicking a button. A user-friendly screen with full-guidance on the screen helps you to decide what to choose. Moreover, the Plugin Page (http://www.tekgazet.com/tg-customized-tags-plugin) contains further detailed help with all possible plugin options explained with examples.
TG Customized Tags plugin provides two shortcodes [tg_customized_tags_default] and [tg_customized_tags_current]. The first shortcode works with the default tag-cloud settings (that came with your WordPress installation). The second shortcode works with the current tag-cloud settings as changed by you through this plugin. In addition to these, each shortcode allows you to customize and configure 11 different attributes of the tag-cloud by setting any permissible values, while inserting the shortcode in your post or page in your WordPress website. Thus, literally, there can be hundreds or thousands of combinations in which you can insert either of these two shortcodes in your posts and pages in order to display tag-cloud to your visitors in the manner and format you want. It goes without saying that the shortcode inserted in a post or page can be entirely different (due to different combination of 11 attributes) from the shortcode inserted in any other post or page of your website. Thus, you get complete flexibility. You are in full control to configure how your tags should appear in a particular post, page or widget in the sidebar.
After you change and save your settings for the tag-cloud in the TG Customized Tags plugin settings, you can simply use the normal or default tag-cloud widget on your website (which is available on the Appearance -> Widgets admin menu of every WordPress site by default) and the settings entered by you in this plugin will be automatically applied to that tag-cloud widget. Thus, you don’t have to change any additional settings for the widget. Moreover, if you use the [tg_customized_tags_current] shortcode provided by this plugin, it will also use the settings entered and saved by you in this plugin.
Thus, TG Customized Tags plugin gives you the full freedom to display fully configurable tags and categories in the sidebar of your website (through the usual or default tag-cloud widget, which will now use your own settings) and/or to display fully configurable tags and categories in any of your posts or pages (through two different shortcodes). You can choose either or both functionalities, and each can be fully configured and customized. This explain why name of this plugin includes Customized Tags.
- Upload the ‘tg-customized-tags’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ folder on your website server.
- It will show as installed plugin. Then, activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress admin page.
- You can also use the ‘Add New’ command on the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress admin page. Thereafter, search this plugin from the search-box. Or, alternatively, click the ‘Upload Plugin’ button to upload the zip file for this plugin (tg-customized-tags.zip), and then follow on-screen instructions to install and activate the plugin.
- How can I ask a support question or get help from you in case of any issue with TG Customzied Plugin?
If you have any doubt or support questions, you are welcome to leave your comments at http://www.tekgazet.com/tg-customized-tags-plugin which is the Plugin Page for this plugin.
- How can I use configured or customized tag-cloud in the side-bar of my website with the help of this plugin?
You can use the default or normal tag-cloud widget on your website (which is available on the Appearance -> Widgets admin menu of every WordPress site by default).
- How can I use configured or customized tag-cloud in a post or page of my website with the help of this plugin?
Please use either of the two shortcodes provided by this plugin, i.e., [tg_customized_tags_default] or [tg_customized_tags_current]. You can further configure these shortcodes by using one or more of the 11 attributes with permissible values, as a part of the shortcode.
Contributors & Developers
“TG Customized Tags” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
- This is the first fully-tested stable version of the plugin.