Add a dropdown on the catalog page to filter products by WooCommerce categories. Fits right next to the “sort by” dropdown and uses native WooCommerce components.
- Unzip the plugin file and extract the folder.
- Upload the category-filter-for-woocommerce/ folder to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Simple Dropdown Filter by Category for Woocommerce” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Interested in development?
0.0.1.5 – 2023-07-31
- UPDATE – Implemented improvements suggested by the WordPress plugin review.
- UPDATE – Added a security nonce check when saving settings.
- UPDATE – Improved the way POST data is sanitized.
- UPDATE – Improved the way echoed HTML is escaped.
- UPDATE – Improved the class and settings prefixes to be entirely unique to this plugin.
0.0.1.4 – 2023-05-05
- UPDATE – Added internal header image on settings page.
- UPDATE – Clarified instructions and info on settings page.
0.0.1.3 – 2023-04-24
- UPDATE – Changed name to “Simple Dropdown Filter by Category for Woocommerce”.
- UPDATE – Added backend CSS styling to match other plugins by Inbound Horizons.
0.0.1.2 – 2023-01-27
- FIX – CSS not always styling the WooSelect dropdown on the backend settings page.
- FIX – WooSelect dropdown sometimes broke on the frontend if no categories were excluded.
0.0.1.1 – 2022-11-14
- ADD – Hide categories option in setting to prevent some categories from being shown to customers.
- ADD – Parent CSS Class option to let the user set a CSS class at the top level of the select dropdown container.
- UPDATE – Changed the way the dropdown is generated on the frontend to use less WooCommerce code. (Increases future flexibility.)
0.0.1 – 2022-06-22
- First public release