This is a wordpress plugin which will enable the admin to create a child theme for a selected parent theme.
One click Creation of child theme. Configure Theme Name. Configure Author etc.,
- Upload the plugin files to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Do I need to change the directory permissions to make this work perfect ?
Yes there should be proper directory permissions for this plugin to work perfect.
- Does this plugin supports language options ?
No this plugin works only in English. Planning to support multilingual feature.
- How do I access the Created Child Theme ?
You can access it from the Admin –> Appearance –> Your Child Theme.
- What all files are being generated with this theme Generator ?
Our code generates just style.css (With specified Options), functions.php (with style import from the parent theme.), screenshot.png. These theme files can be modified using editor or ftp.
Contributors & Developers
“Easy Child Theme Creator” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Easy Child Theme Creator” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Fixed form validations, now it supports multiple child theme creation.
Omit the above version it has some bugs. Fixed in the current version. Sorry for the trouble.
Bug correction for inclustion of child theme’s stylesheet. Credit to member mr108
Removed PHP warnings. Minor bugfixes.