This is a free plugin for adding meta tag on each post of your website, this meta tags include title, description, image, author, post URL and site name of your published post which later helps while sharing post on social media and for search engines to recognize the post. If you have no featured image on your post, it will also ask for a default image for metadata, which can be set through settings page. Meta tags are invisible from the front-end, but can be viewed from the source code. Meta tags has a great importance in SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and Google Page Rank.
Major features of Add Metadata include:
- Automatically get post title, description, image, author, url, site name from the post and uses them as a meta tags.
- Allow us to set default image for metadata which can use if no featured image found on the post.
- Allow us to customize the css and js file.
PS: You don’t need any API key or Serial key to use it, because Add meta data are free to use.
This section describes how to install the plugin and get it working.
- Install and Activate the Add Metadata plugin.
- Set the default image through settings panel.
- After activating the plugin, rest of the functionality will effect automatically.
- Why Add Metadata Plugin?
Metadata recognize your published posts for search engines, specially while sharing the post on social media, which further help to boost up your website for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and Google Page Rank.
- How Can I Setup This Plugin On My Website?
You just need to install and activate it, set the default image through setting panel and it is ready to use.
- What Happen If Both Featured And Default Image Is Not Set?
The image attribute of metadata will not work and if there is no image found on the post, search engine will failed to recognize any image on that post.
- Can I Customize CSS & JS File Through This Plugin?
Yes! you can customize the css and js file through this plugin for any styling and modification on your website. css and js files are located in assets folder.
There are no reviews for this plugin.
Contributors & Developers
“Add Metadata” is open source software. The following people have contributed to this plugin.Contributors
Translate “Add Metadata” into your language.
Interested in development?
Browse the code, check out the SVN repository, or subscribe to the development log by RSS.
Release Date – 2 March 2017
- Fix Bugs in Code.
- Add more information in Readme.txt file.
Release Date – 24 February 2017
- Add meta data tags functionality gets post titles, description, images, author and used as a meta tags of your website.
- Add default images for metadata.
- Add css and js customizable files.